As an English Hub we will be running a number of free open events and network meetings to support other schools to develop on the Department for Education's priority areas
Early language development
Age appropriate phonics provision
Promoting a love of reading
To view further information, select an event below to expand.
Free Open Events
We would also like to invite you to attend one of our free open events where you will have a chance to see:
• Teaching the early stages of reading in Nursery
• How phonics is taught from Nursery, through EYFS and to Key Stage 1
• How to make the library a central part of your school
• The use of IT to develop language skills
• How children manage their own learning and targets
• How to make oracy a key part of your school
• Innovative ways to teach English in every lesson
You may be eligible for funding to assist you in attending one of these events, see below for more information
Book your place
Our network meetings are free of charge and a valuable opportunity to share best practice and expertise in phonics and early reading. You may want to attend the entire programme or select meetings, please refer to our flyer below for information on the content of each session.
Book your place
Funding to Attend English Hub Open Events
Please note funding to allow the Head and Phonics Lead to attend is available. However, it is essential that your provision also meets two of the following criteria.
High proportion of hard to reach children (eg. boys)
Below average results in phonics screener.
Low attainment in bottom 20% of children.
Above average pupil premium.
Judged as inadequate or as requiring improvement by Ofsted.
Referred to us by a local partner (eg. LEA) High proportion of hard to reach children (eg. boys)